by Carole Bartolotto, MA, RD
Eating a plant-based diet can be a challenge without recipes. Since I am usually quite busy, I look for options that are tasty as well as quick and easy. This one fits the bill. Many years ago a friend shared this flavorful recipe that I have adapted and enjoyed for decades. I like to pair it with a salad for a hearty meal.
White Bean Soup with Sage
- 1 large onion, diced
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 2-15 ounce cans of great northern white beans (I like the Trader Joe’e beans since the cans do not contain BPA or bisphenol A)
- 15 ounces of vegetarian broth or water with 1 vegetarian bouillon cube
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil (optional) or cooking spray
- Sauté onion and garlic with oil or cooking spray till tender.
- Stir in beans with liquid.
- Add broth or water with bouillon cube.
- Stir in chopped sage.
- Heat to boiling and then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add pepper to taste.
Please let me know if you have tasty and easy recipe to share.
Copyright © 2013 Carole Bartolotto, MA, RD. All rights reserved.